þriðjudagur, september 05, 2006

Carolyn's comments of the day

Hello all my favorite friends and family!
Welcome to the Blog of Carolyn and Einar. Hopefully we can entertain you with stories of adventure, romance, excitement...!!! Actually, we've been quite normal lately. Since I have arrived I have gone through a myriad of feelings: happiness to see Einar again, shock at the new culture, confusion about what country I was waking up in (Is it Iceland, America, or New Zealand? this has happened often in the early mornings), and then feelings of sadness and homesick feelings for my friends abroad. But then one day! Einar slapped me in the face and said, "Be a Viking, woman! Get tough or I'll find me a new slave woman!" And tadaaa! I was cured from my stupor and self imposed silliness. No...really...Einar is supportive and caring , although he did punch me in the nose when he was sleeping a couple of nights ago from one of his epileptic moments. Other than that he has really been there (or here and there) for me.
You've heard...we're moving to Sumner! A beautiful beached area outside of Christchurch. Where people surf, sun, and go tramping as they say! I can't wait to move in. We have a great new place, with a garden for me to grow my pot...I mean my veggies, a gigantic cliff behind us where many species of birds nest and poop alot, and a massage therapist at the flat in front of us! What more! And space for all of you to come visit! I have got a job with the Red Cross part time to start out with. I will be teaching first aide. And if you want to hear one of the craziest stories ever from 'what not to do' in an emergency..please respond to the blog and ask for a special addition of First Aide Scary stories! I have some great ones!
Other than that I am waiting for my equipment to arrive so I can start playing on the Pilates equipment. I have looked into doing my own business. And I think I can do it with time, patience, and a little more money. I have looked at other studios here, and really haven't felt good about what they are doing. So I think I'm going to try to do it alone! We'll see! Wish me luck..send me encouragement! (Donations can be sent to: 54 Wakefield Ave Flat #2 Sumner, Christchurch New Zealand......) Ha! Like how I added our new address for you to know? No..monetary is required just implied (: hhhehhehe.
Well, what else? Einar had a manly beard for awhile. I will add a picture of that. After he came off the mountain for his glacier trip with the University of Canterbury where he's going for his Master's in Glaciology, his face was a bush full of manly hair. You could really see the red in the beard...where did that come from? Also ,left over lunch from the day before (;
As for myself, I have made a few new friends. Met them thru a college buddy who hooked us up. Really cool girl I met who has a Kiwi boyfriend (she's American), but a big group of very outdoorsy friends come with them. We just went to their new home in Lyttleton (just over the hill) and watched a movie on their great big projector screen. And homemade pizza. I told them stories of sheep's head and they gagged...
I am just trying to get on my feet here, find some sort of routine. I've been applying for alot of different jobs. So we'll see what direction I go in the end. I still want to do Pilates. But I am looking for any opportunity. I had an interview to become a Guide in the mountains..didn't get it...but that's how I met my friend who in turn showed me the flat we are now going to move to. So things are happening! Opportunities are coming our way (and not just coincidences I believe). To wrap this saga up! We MISS you all terribly. Please Send your thoughts, jokes, stories, love, lockets of your hair, email, anything for us to make us think of you time and again. (Just please nothing that would have to be Quarantined (: ).
Ok! Love you lots! One big..................BIG BEAR HUG..coming your way.....GOTCHA!
Cheers Mate! No Worries! Until we met again!
Carolyn and Einar

11 ummæli:

Nafnlaus sagði...

Hæ hæ
Gaman að kíkja á síðuna hjá ykkur.
Gott að heyra að það gengur vel hjá ykkur á nýja staðnum.
Kær kveðja frá Köben
Elísabet, Baui og Baldur Jón

Nafnlaus sagði...

Dear Carolina and Einar! Nice to hear from you and read your funny stories. Hope I can read much more and I also hope that everthing goes well and you will have a good time.
Bless bless
Inga

Nafnlaus sagði...

Hello Carolyn.
Nice to see your web site and read what´s happening in your lifes. I´m always on my way to respond to your letter.. It will happen soon, promise ;)
Ellen María

Nafnlaus sagði...

Hi Carolyn!
I'm so glad that you guys are settling in and finding your way! I like that advice about being a viking! Sounds good for me too! We are sending you lots of good wishes for starting your pilates studio. Its hard, but I know you will persevere!
bless,bless!
Jean

Nafnlaus sagði...

Hi Carolyn and Einar,
Sounds like you guys are off to a great start..although I can't read the Icelandic stories;) I think that's awesome about starting your own pilates studio! Good luck with everything and post lots of pictures! Take care,
Amanda

Nafnlaus sagði...

Carolyn and Einar,

Hi! It's so good to hear how well things are going for you both!! Good luck with the Pilates studio...we know you can do it. Please continue to update us with more stories and pics. We miss you!

Traci and Hiro

Nafnlaus sagði...

hi guys.....nice to hear how well things are going ......new appartment at the beautyful beach and job for Caroline. What about picturers here....comming soon or ?????? Its raining night and day in Akureyri these days.
kveðja...Sigga systa

Nafnlaus sagði...

Hi you two,

Hope you're having decent luck in getting set up, it all takes time. Here it's about 8:30pm and high tide; with the full moon you should be having a good high tide too right? Go check for me : )

see you,
Paul

Nafnlaus sagði...

HI guys, so glad your feeling good about things. I knew you could make it all happen. I sure hope to visit. Keep in touch. Pictures are good. All is great here! Liz

Scanditales sagði...

Wow, seems you guys made it. Great to hear about the firts aid -course Carolyn. What not to do in a emergency?? -well, I know the answer (remembering the movie with a truckdriver, u remember??)

All the best to both of you Carolyn & Einar. Hope to see u still in this century!!

Med kvedju,
Paskuaeggjaklaki

Nafnlaus sagði...

Dear Carolyn.
Wish you a very happy birthday and good to hear you have settled down in new home.
Sent an e-mail yestd., hope it's the same address.
Wish you both good luck and a big hug and love
Asta.