mánudagur, september 25, 2006

My First Birthday in NZ! Sept 24th 2006


Dearest Friends!


Yes, another Birthday gone by! And in another country! New Zealand! Well, yes of course most of you know how much I like to socialize (I am sure you are having less parties in Iceland without me). So I decided to have my first party in New Zealand after only less than 2 months. Granted it wasn't like my first Birthday in Iceland when I had invited 60 people! But then again I had the advantage of a few months more to meet people. I have been a little bit of a hermit here trying to get things done, unpacked, making an insurance claim (my shipment was badly damaged ): ). I did a power clean of our new home (only moved in a week ago). And unpacked everything and gave it a home in our new place. Even got the Pilates studio set up. But I did it! Had a nice little B-day party with those people whom I've met here. Unfortunately, none of the Icelandic people here could make it. But I have met some cool New Zealanders and foreigners already! So I had a mix at the party. I made a nice chocolate cake and some appetizers. Made a wish and blew out the candle and everyone clapped. Though only I know my wish (; Party was great. Really lovely people here. Everyone brought wine. And we just had a nice time chatting and talking of differences between countries we have lived in and NZ. Even got a couple presents. Of course, I threatened everyone there that I was going to start a trend of Salsa parties! So look out New Zealand! Going to get on my salsa outfit like I did in Iceland! I have a new one from the States to twirl in!

We have a beautiful house in Sumner. Old home, used to be an orphanage and before that it was a Vicarage. So its got some history. Very spacious and the carpet was pulled up to display the beautiful wood floors underneath. As I said, I even got my new Pilates studio almost set up (minus the damaged machines). I think it looks nice. It is small..but then again I am starting small and hopefully will get bigger. But keeping it simple first. Thanks to all your votes from my last email I have decided to go with name #10.

SURFSIDE Pilates and Fitness Studio (of Sumner). Yes..because you all unanimously liked it and I am right by a beautiful beach so it fits nicely. I am also going to differentiate myself from the competition by adding a Cardiovascular focus for my clients. I am going to offer with the training or separately what I will call Walk Fit! I will lead groups on walks and track their heart rate and challenge people to get into their personal Aerobic capacity zone. By the way you do that by taking 220-age= max Heart rate then you multiply by either 60-70% of your max HR to get your appropriate Target Heart Rate.

Anyway, I've got to get the logo done next and then the business cards and signs and hope for the best after that. Oh, I quit the Red Cross. Too much for me to handle there and get my business going. I made a bit of a mess of that. Unfortunately they were very angry with me..as I understand fully. So next time you give to a charity give to the Red Cross to help me make it up to them.

Other than that, I am well. Although I seem to be attracting some sort of bug who likes to suck on my legs and now I have a hundred bites everywhere. But you didn't want to know that (; At least there is no snakes here. Alot of birds though. Great to wake up in the morning to the sound of birds singing out the window. I had a huge chorus on the morning of my Birthday. We even attract the Monarch butterfly to one of the many plants in our garden. Lovely! And our apple tree is budding!

So come visit!

Remember.....1 year from September 24th! Everyone is invited to a BIG PARTY in New ZEALAND! Its my BIG 30 next year...so don't forget to start saving and book your flight 1 year from now. You have notice !! I can't wait to see you here (:

On that note! Cheers to all! Keep smiling (: through it all and a smile will come back your way (: Maybe it will travel all the way back to me here in NZ. Here's one for you (: two (:


Love and Hugs to you all! I miss you terribly still. You are always in our thoughts, even if we neglect to write, remember that!

Carolyn

3 ummæli:

jazz sagði...

...well i was gonna send
you an email asking how
the birthday party went,
but i guess now i can
skip it... : )
...happy birthday!!!

Nafnlaus sagði...

Til hamingju með afmælið !
Happy Birthday !
Gratulerer med fødelsesdagen !
Gluckwunsche mit Geburtstagen !

Greetings from the whole world !

Helga

Nafnlaus sagði...

dEAR cAROLYN
hAPPY bIRTHDAY
Ég ætla að safna og kaupa mér flugvél og heimsækja ykkur þegar þú verður 30 ára kannski tek ég einhverja með nér. Hafið það sem bestInga og Hreinn